From classrooms to book signings to auditorium-style presentations, Michelle A. Hansen is a confident and entertaining speaker. Her favorite audiences are high school students and fellow authors. She’ll tackle any topic, given enough time and research. Travel to exotic locations is always a bonus.
Michelle loves Pepsi and Doritos more than chocolate. She loves summertime and hates to be cold. She’s had three near-death experiences, one involving a kid, a rifle and a classroom full of students. She’s addicted to office supplies and has an irrationally large stash of pens and notebooks. So, pass the Pepsi, hide the pens, and we’re good to go.
Michelle's qualifications include:
- MFA Candidate at the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts, with a focus on Children’s & Young Adult fiction.
- Debut novel, Painted Blind, released 2012
- Before They Find Us, released November 2013
- Currently serves on the planning committee for the Rivers of Ink Writers Conference in Richland, WA.
- Spent six years teaching high school English, including College Writing and AP Lit/Comp
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Teaching from Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 1997
- Member of SCBWI and PNWA